How clever is this video showing how to frame a quilt block, by The Fat Quarter Shop‘s Kimberly Jolly?!
You often have a spare block from a quilt, a BOM you’ve tried out, or even just fabric you pieced for the hell of it and want to show off. We love the idea of a picture frame, livened up with a DIY slick of paint to really make those fabric colours ‘pop’! Kimberly shows us the basics of how to measure up and frame a quilt block; here are a few other tips and ideas from the LPQ team!
Love Patchwork & Quilting tips for framing:
• You’re bound to have spare frames loitering around the house!
• Charity and thrift stores are a great source of inexpensive frames
• Ikea has a great range of affordable frames in bright colours
• DIY store tester paint pots are a good way to buy small quantities of paint to brighten up an old frame
• Alternatively use washi tape to add colour to a boring frame (and cover any chips and scratches!)
• Leave in the glass to protect the fabric; or remove if there are no sticky fingers around!
• Hang out of direct sunlight to avoid the fabric fading
• Prop frames on shelves, mantlepieces and other surfaces for casual homestyle
• When you get bored of it, just change the block and repaint the frame!
Watch the video showing how to frame a quilt block, then go forth and create!