We were smitten the second we first saw Lou Orth’s Princess Party hoop! With it’s hand-pieced hexies and enchanting fabrics, it will brighten up any wall. Read on to find out about the Riley Blake collection that inspired this project…
Oh what’s that? Riley Blake have released a fabric collection that includes unicorns and fairytale kingdoms? We’re all in! The Guinevere collection by Citrus & Mint Designs for Riley Blake Designs is inspired by a magical land far, far away. Motifs include princes and princesses, magical creatures and even a storybook castle.
Don’t miss our latest issue, in which fabric addict Lou Orth has used these super cute fabrics to fussy cut hexagons and turn them into English-Paper-Pieced hoop art!
- The Guinevere collection is available in the UK from EQS stockists.
- Win a beautiful bundle of fabrics from the collection, (plus a project kit to make this design)
- Happy Hexies! Brush up on your English Paper Piecing with our free tutorial
You will need:
- Print fabrics (for hexagons) thirty seven (37) 21⁄2in squares – all fabrics are from the Guinevere collection by Citrus & Mint Designs for Riley Blake Designs.
- Backing fabric: one (1) fat quarter
- 10in embroidery hoop
- White ribbon: 5yds
- Approximately twenty (20) trims or ribbons: 12in–24in lengths
- Thirty seven (37) copies of our 1in Hexagon template: download the PDF of our issue 66 templates here
- Lou Orth’s step-by-step instructions in issue 66.
Stock up on supplies!
From the fairytale-themed fabrics to the craftroom essentials like the cutting mat, the thread and the glue pen, EQS have everything you need to make this princess-perfect hoop design…
- Riley Blake Designs 18 x 24 Inch Cutting Mat Complete with grids on both sides, this self-healing cutting mat is great for long-lasting use and adding a splash of colour to your workspace.
- Add a Quarter Ruler Make cutting your new favourite process… this handy ruler will help you automatically add flawless seam allowances around your templates, so your hexies are the perfect size!
- Guinevere by Citrus & Mint Designs for Riley Blake Designs Pick and mix statement prints from this dreamy collection to fussy cut the EPP hexies for your hoop.
- Sew Simple Rotary Cutter 45mm Join forces with the ruler to ensure your EPP pieces are cut perfectly straight. Sew Simple’s rotary cutters come with a soft grip handle for comfortable cutting.
- Mettler Silk Finish Cotton thread Seamlessly sew those hexies together with super-smooth thread that will blend in beautifully. Mettler silk finish thread will do just the trick.
- Sewline Glue Pen Here at LP&Q we’re glue basters, and this little pen is a dream! Keep your EPP papers safely in place with a dash of water soluble, clear-drying adhesive.