Happy days! We’re officially launching the Great Fabric Swap today. We’re calling on quilters all around the world to join us and swap your unused fabrics with fellow fabric-hoarders. It’s the perfect way to give your fabric stash an instant refresh at the same time as sending and receiving the prettiest of post.
We quilters have many things in common, but an instinctive habit of squirrelling fabric tops the list. As time passes, we’ve all gathered up a few fabrics along the way that have ended up sitting, unused in our fabric stash for too months – sometimes even years. We can’t bear to part with them but they don’t seem to suit our recent projects or the urge to splurge we had when we brought them has passed. Well those fabrics deserve to be quilted! And we’re here to help.
Your unused fat quarters could be the dream fabrics of a fellow quilter! So why not gather up some and swap them with another fabric-lover?
How it works
Joining in with the Great Fabric Swap is easy. All you have to do is:
- Before you take part, have a quick look at our swap terms & conditions – they contain important information about the swap.
- Email your full name and postal address (including Country) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Great Fabric Swap‘
- Tell us if you’re happy to swap internationally (so we know who to match you with!) Please note: this swap is open to quilters from all around the world so if you’re happy to swap internationally, you may have to pay international postage to send your fabric, but you’ll get exciting post from overseas too!
- The first 24 quilters to email us will be selected to take part, and we’ll be in touch later this month to let you know if you’ve made it to the final swap list.
- Well pair up swappers and send you a fellow quilters’ details. So for example we’ll send swapper A, swapper B’s details and vice versa.
- Now for the fun bit! Pick some fabrics that you just don’t think you’re going to use, box them up, and send them to your fellow swapper. As a guideline, we suggest you send a minimum of 5 Fat Quarters’ worth of fabric, but if you want to send more, that’s great!
- Wait for the postman to bring you your very own surprise box of fabric in return.
- Share a photo of your pretty post online with the hashtags #greatfabricswap and #lovepatchworkmag
The swap will be open from Monday 6th February to Thursday 16th February.