We can’t put into words how happy it makes us seeing everyone’s #gingerbreadqal blocks filling up our instagram feeds! Read on for our favourite blocks so far and to find out how to get Gracie Larson’s Gingerbread House Quilt pattern to join in the fun.
Join our Gingerbread Quiltalong today!
Did you miss our big news for October? We’re throwing a Christmas quiltalong – get ready to join us for some super-cute Christmas sewing.
Issue 66 hit the shops this month and we’re going all-out-festive! Our October issue includes Gracey Larson’s awesome Gingerbread House Quilt; a row-by-row design made up of a collection of super cute quilt blocks. They’re all traditionally pieced so very beginner friendly and we’re throwing an insta party to celebrate! (Party hats and mince pies are optional.)
- Find issue 65 in our magazine store from 4th October
- Pattern update check this post before you start sewing along
- Quilty Advent Calendar: 24 Christmas patchwork projects
Some of our favourite quilt designers are joining in the fun throughout October. Keep an eye on your instagram feeds to see them all sew their favourite quilt blocks! Follow the hashtag #gingerbreadqal to keep up to date with what everyone’s up to and scroll down to the bottom of this post to see what everyone’s been making already in week 1!
We want this to be a community event for all, so we’d love it if you join in too. So join us in putting the “ho ho ho” into all our sewing tables this month and read on to find out more.
Join our #gingerbreadqal today
Want to sew and share your own festive block from Gracey’s quilt pattern? It’s easy!
- Grab a copy of issue 66 and pick your favourite quilt block. The printed issue will be available from Thursday 4th October in our UK store and Overseas store, or get the pattern straight to your phone or computer with our Digital issue.
- Get stitching: use any fabrics you like, this is just for fun!
- Share your sewing on instagram to join in and add hashtags #gingerbreadqal #lovequiltingmag. Remember to also tag us @lovequiltingmag and Gracey @burlapandblossompatterns.
Gracey’s Gingerbread House Quilt has six blocks to choose from and they’re all traditionally pieced so you’re sure to find one that fits your style.
- Gingerbread man
- Candy cane
- Mint sweet
- Tree cookie
- Hot chocolate.
We’ll be sewing along here on team Love Patchwork & Quilting too (there are candy canes and sweets on our sewing desks as we type), and we’ll share your photos on our Instagram.
We hope you’ll join in with this lovely chance to meet other quilters in the community and have a little fun with your sewing machine too!
Community round-up! #gingerbreadqal blocks so far…
Thanks so much to all those of you, both readers and designers, who are already sewn and shared one of our Gingerbread House blocks. Here’s a gallery of some of the takes that have started to appear on instagram in our first week!
- Shannon Fraser shares her tips and story behind sewing up this quilted version of the Mint quilt block (above) over on her website.
Find out more about these makers!
- Samantha Dorn @aqua_paisley has made the hot cocoa block to add to her wall of mini quilts
- Alyce Blyth @blossomheartquilts added a few extra gumdrops to make a cushion from Alice Caroline Liberty fabric
- Quilted gingerbread man stocking alert! Joanna Marsh @kustomkwilts we want to wake up to this on Christmas morning!
- @sewmariana started us off on day one with her super-cute gingerbread man cushion
- Gracey Larson @burlapandblossompatterns designed this project
- @onwilliamsstreet showing some seriously on-point piecing for their gingerbread man block
- See more from @ceceliainthestable over on instagram.
- Tiffany Horn @villageboundquilts we salute you for your fabric choices on your candy canes mug rug!
- Our very own Lorna Slessor @lscslesor can often be found sewing in her lunch hour (and any hour, really!)
- We loved Kelli Marshall (@simplymackbeth)’s mint sweet block so much we had to crack open a tin of Quality Streets
Goodie Gumdrops! Loving the sugar-sprinkled fabrics that Lucy Brennan has opted for with her gumdrops block. Read all about it over on her blog Charm About You
Sonia Spence has turned the gingerbread man block into this cute banner! Read her blog over at fabricandflowers.co.uk