Make Mother’s Day special with our cute hexagon greetings card!
It’s super easy to make from fabric scraps and a small folded card. So here we go…
YOU WILL NEED
- Eight 1.5in (4cm) squares of coordinating fabrics
- Eight 1in (2.5cm) card hexagons, cut using this template (download here)
- One 3.5in (9cm) square of fabric, for background
- One 4in (10cm) square card
- Fabric glue and double sided tape
- If you’ve never made hexies before, check out our tutorial here!
PIECING YOUR HEXIES
1 Pin one card hexagon to the center of the wrong side of a fabric square.
2 Fold over the right top side of the fabric followed by the top side. Push the needle through both flaps of fabric but not the paper. Pull the needle through and repeat to make another stitch in the same spot.
3 Move to the next corner. Repeat step two for the rest of the corners. Knot off your thread and remove the center pin.
JOINING YOUR HEXIES
4 To join the hexies, place two right sides together and whip stitch along one edge, stitching both hexies together. Knot off when you reach the end of a hexie edge. Repeat until all necessary edges are attached.
5 Pink the edges of your background fabric if desired, and attach to the front of your card with double sided tape. Stick your pieced hexies on top using fabric glue.
6 Glue the last hexie to the back of the card as the finishing touch.